Difference Between Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM
@moraisvinny If you can’t find the script, you may have the recovery flash image. It is the ability to flash these ZIP files that make the custom recovery the go-to choice for a lot of users. TWRP has made it extremely easy to flash any custom ROM (whether your device is A-only or A/B partition). But when it comes to flashing stock firmware, users opt for the Fastboot Command technique.
Most of the these ROM’s available on the web are completely free. Unlike Stock Firmware, users have the option to taste Google’s latest operating system by flashing Custom ROM’s. Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM you just flashed. Since this will be the first reboot after flashing a new ROM, it might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot, have patience. We always suggest, before the start, the flashing process you need to create a backup of your Android smartphone. Now, from TWRP menu, select Wipe, and select Swipe to Factory Reset. This will wipe your app data, but your Media files like photos, videos contacts etc won’t be deleted.
- If you have a USB driver already installed on your laptop, then you have to skip this step.
- MIUI software update installs the latest features and improvements for the Xiaomi, Mi, Redmi, and Poco devices.
- The tool also allows users to downgrade to a previous stable version if the new version contains bugs.
- Now Tap on ‘Flash’ at the top right to start the flashing process.
- The official Xiaomi update process is much more involved than custom ROMs.
If you downloaded a pre-rooted stock ROM and want to keep it that way, you’re now good to go. If you used a non-rooted ROM and want to get back fully to stock, all you need to do now is re-lock the bootloader.
Do let us know if you have any feedback for the above steps or if you have any alternative solution for removing it from the device. This does the stock Android firmware same as stock android recovery yet it has some additional features.
Xiaomi devices use MIUI OS based on Google’s Android System. We have updated the below list with the latest MIUI 11 Stock ROM for most of the devices.